While there were other Catholic schools in the city, the population in and around Vijay Nagar, on the northern outskirts of Indore city, off Bombay Agra Road, was increasing rapidly. Hence, after having discussed with the local residents, both Catholics and of other religions, the Society of the Divine Word laid the foundation stone for a school building on 74/C Vijay Nagar and named it after the Founder of the Society of the Divine Word (SVD), St. Arnold Janssen.
The school was affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi and accepted both female and male students. As the years went by the initial number of 90 students increased rapidly and the Management added improved infrastructure in terms of buildings, playground, music room, audio visual room, library, computer laboratory and other facilities.
Today St. Arnold's Higher Secondary School, Vijay Nagar has over 2000 students guided by a pool of 75 well trained teachers and ably assisted by an efficient support staff.
- Love of God above all things
- Intellectual and professional competence
- Commitment to justice and fairness
- Compassion for the poor and the marginalized
- Respect for all religions, cultures and races
- A spiritual vision of the world where everyone lives in peace and harmony
- To enable students grow intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically through curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- To provide the necessary facilities for the students to excel in their studies and develop reading habits.
- To instill a sense of patriotism by focusing on and commemorating the events of national importance.
- To motivate students to be disciplined and to have respect for shared human values.
- To Instill in the students habit of cleanliness of oneself and the surroundings.
- To inculcate in students eco-sensitivity by a complete ban of plastics and encourage students to plant trees and to protect them.
- To make sincere efforts to have 100% result every year in the board exam.
- To provide ample opportunities for teachers to update, innovate and grow professionally.
"May the Darkness of Ignorance vanish before the Light of Knowledge and Truth, and may the Love of God live in us all.
The Word has a significant position in every religion and in every person???s life. Our ancient sages of India reached God uttering OM, the eternal sound. In Hebrew-Christian Scriptures, the WORD of God is the ultimate reality, who creates everything and from whom life emerges. The same WORD of God became flesh in Jesus Christ who declared: ???I have come so that you may have life and have it in abundance.??? When we speak words of love to our friends we enhance their lives. They begin to enjoy life in fullness. Every Arnoldian is expected to knit friendships of life-giving relations rooted in the WORD and sharing His life. It is something that is cherished more than information, knowledge and wisdom. In sharing Love in the WORD, we share life.